2nd Line Support Analyst
£22, 000 to £26,000
Our client based in Manchester is looking for a 2nd Line Support Analyst to join their team. You will be providing support for UK customers, by email, telephone and via their ITSM Web Portal. Working in a team of 1st and 2nd Line Support Analysts, supporting a range of technologies including, Windows XP/7 desktop users, IP telephony, networks, computer hardware, peripherals and bespoke developed applications.
As part of this role you will be required to participate in the Out of Hours support rota once full training has been provided. Additional payments will be made for shifts on this rota.
Your key deliverables:
- Provide a single point of contact for our customers, maintaining professionalism always and ensuring customers are kept updated on progress and resolution
- Taking calls from customers and logging support tickets on their behalf as and when required
- Dealing with Incidents, problems and tasks that cannot be resolved by 1st Line support.
- Diagnosing and resolving technical incidents and requests
- Remotely connecting to customers systems to provide training and support
- Provide training and guidance to customers on our client’s products
- Escalation of major incidents and complaints
- Provide training and assistance to 1st Line Support Team
- Working with other internal departments on problem solving customer issues
- Diagnosing bugs and liaising with the relevant teams to provide information to help identify root cause
- Logging Incidents and requests in our Service Management tool, working to an agreed priority matrix
- Input into the growth of our internal and external knowledgebase, ensuring colleagues and customers have the correct support documentation
- To provide and receive quality feedback to/from peers and team members to aid personal development.
- Working to agreed SLA’s, such as ticket quality and customer satisfaction
- To ensure delivery to (and exceeding of) agreed service level agreements for performance and availability of all Autocab IT services.
- Experience of operating in a complex service-oriented arena.
- Experience of working with bespoke software products and hardware is essential
- Experience and understanding of TCP/IP routers, switching and basic networking technologies
- Experience of using IT Service Management tools and ticketing systems such as Zendesk
Your skills & knowledge:
- Knowledge of ITSM best practice (i.e. ITIL) desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Able to work under pressure in sometimes sensitive situations
- A strong team player with a can-do attitude
- Able to take ownership of incidents and see through to resolution
- Excellent Customer Service skills with a passion for service
- Good understanding of Windows XP/7
- Asterix/Unix experience desirable
- PC hardware knowledge including fault diagnosis
- Previous experience of using remote access tools
- Telephony experience including systems and integration
- Networking experience and virtual private networks
- Commercial awareness
Autocab – the No. 1 supplier of taxi booking & dispatch systems in the world
Having sold their first system in 1991, Autocab has grown to become the largest supplier of taxi systems in the world today. Their bespoke cloud-based SaaS solutions help power over 1500 companies across the world. Over 25 years of taxi company-inspired features have been built into our system to ensure it is the best booking & dispatch system on the market. Headquartered in Manchester, UK our customers are located all over the world. In addition to our flagship product Ghost, we have since broadened our range of services to include taxi company branded apps, analytics, bespoke phone systems as well as a range of web and social media solutions for private hire taxi and limousine companies of all sizes.
The Company at a glance
• Over 25 years’ industry experience
• 200 full-time staff
• Global market leader
• 60% market share in the UK
• 1500+ clients worldwide
• Operating in 30 countries and 300 cities
• Offices in 5 countries