We are Parea, we open in early July and we are looking for an outstanding Assistant Manager to join our team in Alderley Edge.
We are looking for an inspirational “hands on” leader to work closely with our General Manager, Management Team and the Head Chef in a high volume, fast paced, busy, customer focused environment.
You must make sure that all customers are having a good time and that they want to return.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist and support the General Manager in the operation of the Bar/Restaurant
- Ensure customers are aware of all food and drinks available, including specials
- Make sure floor staff are in sight of and manage their tables
- Check bookings and properly set up for every shift
- Counting cash, reconciling payments and banking
- Responsible for rotas/staffing levels, welfare and ongoing training and development of all staff and identifying potential training and development
- To control the atmosphere of the venue, ensure lighting and music is appropriate and inviting
- To hold weekly team meetings and feedback management decisions in a positive way, and let the General Manager know of any feedback that needs to come up from the staff
- Serving customers directly during busy periods and be able to completely cover the job description of each front of house role
- Undertake monthly stock takes and overseeing and ordering of stock
- Responsible for H&S, FSA requirements, Allergy Laws and Hygiene ratings
What we are looking for:
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Presentable and smart appearance at all times
- Somebody to treat customers and team members with respect
- We want all of our new customers to get a friendly greeting & all leaving ones to get a sincere goodbye
- Somebody that makes sure every time they interact with a customer they are friendly and talkative, even under pressure
- A hands on individual that enjoys going the extra mile for guests, in providing them an enjoyable experience
- A genuine “People Person” When time allows you should be able to enjoy chat with your customers and enjoy yourself
- A manager that will always create and ensure a welcoming and atmospheric ambience
- Someone who has experience, in the GM’s absence, to deal with or escalate customer complaints immediately and effectively.
Immediate interview slots available as we open on the 5th July, you must be able to start on or before this date.
A Parea in Greek culture is a group of friends who regularly gather together to share their experiences about life, their philosophies, values and ideas.
Parea is a distinctive restaurant and bar serving an eclectic mix of small plates and dishes.
Offering an all day dining experience in a relaxed yet stylish setting. We aim to provide unparalleled levels of service together with a dining experience like no other.